Monday, November 19, 2007
Gluten free Thanksgiving
I am so excited about Thanksgiving! Mostly because Gavin is excited about Thanksgiving. Gavin is never excited by food or eating. He is more of a drinker....orange juice is his weakness. But, since it is a holiday, he has been talking non-stop about eating turkey, stuffing, potatoes, pumpkin pie and all the other fixins. If you know Gavin, you know what a big deal that is (Karina, I know you understand). He is not usually open to new foods (those foods may not seem exotic to you, but for Gavin they truly are). Not only is he gluten free, but he is also EXTREMELY picky. This is our 2nd Thanksgiving since he went gluten free. Last year he didn't eat much. I wasn't as prepared as I should have been, so he didn't have much to choose from. This year I am making gluten free stuffing and I bought gluten free dinner rolls. My Mom even bought a special gluten free pie crust to make him some pumpkin pie. I am so excited to see him eat something other than peanut butter and jelly and apple slices! It might just be a Thanksgiving miracle! He is also excited about Christmas dinner....he has been reading "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and can't wait to "carve the roast beast". Maybe I can disguise some spinach as a roast beast and really expand his palate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I do understand picky eaters! I'm glad Gavin is looking forward to Thanksgiving. I know we are! :)
Post a Comment