Friday, March 21, 2008
Too smart.....Part 2
So, at parent teacher conferences last week, Gavin's teacher told us that for a class project each student wrote and illustrated a book and then presented it to the class. I'm sure most of the kids had cute little stories about bunnies or kittens...... Gavin's was on the nervous system. The teachers all thought it was hilarious, so they were excited to tell us about it (Gavin also has quite a flair for public speaking, so I'm sure that made it even more entertaining). Then I told them the story about the Human Anatomy book and the sperm question, which they also thought was hilarious. He hasn't mentioned anything about sperm or reproductive organs in a couple of weeks, so I thought the crisis was averted. But, yesterday when I went to pick Gavin up from school his teacher pulled me aside laughing and told me that Gavin was telling them about his new Human Body book (he has a kids version he got for Christmas), but that it wasn't as good as his old one because it was missing the urinary and reproductive sections. I guess this is not an out of sight, out of mind situation. The damage may already be done. What was I thinking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment