Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sick Day

Last night at around 2am I heard heaving....my least favorite sound to wake up to. I ran out to see who it was and it was Gavin, calmly lying in bed throwing up everywhere. He is such a good-natured sickie that usually we don't know when he is sick at night because he just throws up and then goes right back to sleep. Luckily (or not, I haven't decided) I woke up just as he was throwing up so I could go in to help him. We got him cleaned up and back to bed quickly, but within a few minutes I heard him going for it again. I ran in to help him aim for a bucket and rub his back to comfort him. As he is heaving into the bucket he notices that his eyes are tearing up and says "Mom, why are my eyes crying when I am so happy?". I couldn't imagine what he was so happy about, but I didn't argue. His brother spends entire nights screaming from a stuffy nose, so it is really fun to have one so determined to look on the bright side. I need to learn from his example too, because after only getting 3 hours of sleep I'm having a hard time being good-natured about life. I sure do love my kids though!

1 comment:

Lo said...

GAVIN-

Do you know all the lessons that you teach all the adults close to you? We learn from your happy smiley face. Sometimes life is hard, but I'm so glad we can look to our "GAVIN" and say, "Wow if he can be happy after throwing up, then, I need to be happy too!" I love you so much Gavin!

From you Gramma West