
I love driving in the car with my kids. There is something about the physical restraints, the lull of the engine and the mundane scenery that turns them philosophical. All of our best talks have been in the car driving to school, Gramma's or some other frequently visited locale. Yesterday, on the way home from preschool was a prime example....
Abe: Mom, why don't I remember when Gavin was in your tummy?
Me: Because you were still up in heaven.
Abe: Mom, I don't ever want to go back to heaven.
Me: We all go back to heaven eventually, but it won't be scary because Mom and Dad will probably already be there waiting for you.
Abe: Can you and I go together, at the same time?
Me: Probably not.
Abe: Then, I'm not going.
Me: Well, you don't need to worry about it now. You will live a long time and so will I because we eat healthy and exercise and take care of our bodies.
.... about an hour after we got home I caught Abe running in circles around the kitchen and when I asked what he was doing he said "I'm running like you do at the gym, so we can go to heaven at the same time." And once again my resolve to never give in to the DVD player in the car trend was strengthened. Love that kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment