Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Pause.
We bought a new sofa. Our old sofa is the first piece of furniture that we bought when we got married. It has been through a lot. It has moved with us 7 times. It has been burned, spilled on, drooled on, colored on, jumped on. I have spent the last few years loathing it, but now as it is time to move on to something bigger and better I am feeling a little nostalgic. Lately the littlest things make me nostalgic. I think it is because we feel Ashlyn is our last baby and we are moving on to a new stage in life. Time goes by so fast. I wish I could push pause. I love my life right now. I love having a baby to cuddle and a 3 year old who makes me laugh all day and a 6 year old who is so excited to be growing up, but still loves to be home with Mom and an 8 year old who is turning into a young man despite all the obstacles he faces. It is perfect. The new sofa doesn't come for six more weeks so I'm sure I'll adjust to the idea of it before then. Plus, this morning Ella said "Mom, I can't wait to paint the new couch!", so I'm sure it will bring just as many memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment