Friday, September 26, 2008

Rock the vote

Today is a half-day of school for Gavin and it is also a BEAUTIFUL day. I sent Gavin and Abe out to the backyard. They are usually pretty rowdy out there, so when it got quiet a few minutes ago I stuck my head out to ask what they were doing. Gavin yells back "We're just playing November elections. Abe got a hanging chad because he voted for Barack Obama." He has been really into reading about the history of politics on Wikipedia lately. Strange, I know, but that is what he is into. I guess he has also been reading up on the current political climate..... and hanging chads. Abe is so good-natured and loves his big brother so much that he is running around singing "Obama for president, vote for McCain." I hope someday Gavin realizes how lucky he is to have his little brother.... not too many 4 yr olds would be up for playing Election Day.

1 comment:

Mom of 5 Boys said...

That's awesome! Gavin is creative, and Abe is so sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing them at the next get-together.